To prove that I have been sewing and stitching creations other than purses and bags…I bring to you…
*and…don’t be fooled. Sewing up 3D stuffed animals is WAAAAYYY harder and more difficult that sewing any purse or bag! Talk about digging deep for your sewing skills… 🙂 *
First the cute little girl. Complete with Honu (turtle) bikini and flower lei! (crochet lei)
And now, the Boy. Showing off his Honu (turtle) boardshorts and his flower lei.
These were the most fun to make! I got to challenge myself a bit to create a pattern for the clothing…and of course…after crocheting all the lei for graduation after graduation and a wedding this year, I was happy to only crochet an itty bitty lei for the bears! 🙂
Your life needs fun. Go ahead, have some fun! –
alicia in Hawaii
See my ArtFire Studio! http://Curiosities808.artfire.com
Hi again! I managed to get back to the Little Teddy Bear. She needs her clothes!
I needed to get away from the computer to get back to stitching!
Read more about the start of this project is here on this blog. (Click link: Don’t forget to come back now!)
I managed more bullion knot daisies with more stem stitch on the front pocket. There are more french knot buds for the little buds and forget-me-nots. I followed the pattern and colors even though my material must be a bit darker than the one they used to create the sample. The greens for the stems and flowers don’t show up much, but, I still like it.
The back pocket is a cute litte felt cutout of a beehive stitched and stuffed onto the pocket, then embellished with chain stitch and blanket stitch. The little bees are french knots and the wings are done up with a gold cord I have. (could even be japan gold…I don’t even know…I found it in my stash)
The dark felt the little pieces are on is actually marked off with the little purse pattern that I plan to embroider next. You can’t see it much in the group picture up top, so I took a “flash frightened” one just to prove that I am tracing out the pattern pieces…and I will have to mantra NOT to cut the piece out UNTIL it is embroidered. Yes, I realized way too late that I cut the other little parts out BEFORE embroidering…which made it a little more wiggy to hold onto while embroidering. You would think I learned my lesson…yet, I did it a SECOND time…same mistake. So, this time, I am keeping the scissors far from me until I am done with all the stitching! Beginners mistakes.
Wish me luck on the progress.
Please leave me a few comments. I really enjoy reading them. Let’s me know that there is SOMEONE out there that may be gleaning some inspiration from all these pictures and posts. Hopefully it is as fun for you to read as it is for me to post. Your life needs fun. Go ahead, have some fun!
After prepping the draft for the previous post, I took a break from blogging and got back to embroidering the Teddy Bear’s dress pocket. The pocket pattern for the front is for several daisy clusters and a few scattered flowers and buds.
Here is my rough interpretation of the pattern given and my transfer of the ‘dots’ to the fabric for the front pocket. I poked holes in the paper pattern and simply used a pencil to mark the dots where the center of the daisies, bees, flowers and buds go. That was my quick and easy way to transfer the pattern to the fabric.
The embroidered daisies are bullion knot stitches. I’ve made them with a milliner’s needle (9). Here are some still photos of my bullion knots. I come up in the fabric, take a stitch, wrap the thread at the exit end of that stitch, pull thru, pull taut, and secure the stitch. Hopefully, the pictures will help you to see the bullion stitch and the beginning form of the daisies on the dress.
Here is the start of the daisy clusters.
The stems are sewn with a between (12). All the stems are done in stem stitch (novel idea eh?) and the leaves are done in detached chain stitches. This is what the daisies look like at this point.
They aren’t done yet. I am done for the night tonight and will take more photos when I get back to stitching it again tomorrow.
I hope you are having fun. Life needs more fun. Go ahead, have some fun!
This is the bear that forced me BUY the Inspirations Magazine that started this whole embroidery mess. 😉
I didn’t get any pictures of the bear in the building process, mostly because I hadn’t thought of starting a blog…and I was too excited creating the bear…to really stop to take pictures. (Bad…Bad…shame on the archivist). As you see my little bear is similar to the guru’s bear. She isn’t symmetrical I suppose, but, hey, we are all a little ‘off’ right?
She’s made from felt and DMC embroidery floss. I’ve already been through an amigurumi, bear, doll, and stuffed animal phase, so I have lots of cool doll/bear eyes, and she has a set of brown pearl bear eyes. I think I used a larger mm than called for, simply because I am an amigurumi fan and love the animated larger eye effect. She’s naked now…like all good bears are.
I have the materials for the dress and accessories and have managed to cut out the little dress. It’s almost ready to embroidered. Here is the material and the little dress cut out. It’s a greenish upholstery like fabric. The pocket is the hourglass shape part each has a fusible pellon on the reverse side. The other pieces are the dress bodice. I have the basic embroidery design penned out on that little sheet of paper there. Now, all I have to do is transfer the design spots with an HB pencil…then VOILA! off to embroider the pocket!
I will have to grab a few photos of it as I actually get to embroidering it. Which could be NOW!
Go ahead, try it, make a bear! Have some fun.