Hi again! I managed to get back to the Little Teddy Bear. She needs her clothes!
I needed to get away from the computer to get back to stitching!
Read more about the start of this project is here on this blog. (Click link: Don’t forget to come back now!)
I managed more bullion knot daisies with more stem stitch on the front pocket. There are more french knot buds for the little buds and forget-me-nots. I followed the pattern and colors even though my material must be a bit darker than the one they used to create the sample. The greens for the stems and flowers don’t show up much, but, I still like it.
The back pocket is a cute litte felt cutout of a beehive stitched and stuffed onto the pocket, then embellished with chain stitch and blanket stitch. The little bees are french knots and the wings are done up with a gold cord I have. (could even be japan gold…I don’t even know…I found it in my stash)
The dark felt the little pieces are on is actually marked off with the little purse pattern that I plan to embroider next. You can’t see it much in the group picture up top, so I took a “flash frightened” one just to prove that I am tracing out the pattern pieces…and I will have to mantra NOT to cut the piece out UNTIL it is embroidered. Yes, I realized way too late that I cut the other little parts out BEFORE embroidering…which made it a little more wiggy to hold onto while embroidering. You would think I learned my lesson…yet, I did it a SECOND time…same mistake. So, this time, I am keeping the scissors far from me until I am done with all the stitching! Beginners mistakes.
Wish me luck on the progress.
Please leave me a few comments. I really enjoy reading them. Let’s me know that there is SOMEONE out there that may be gleaning some inspiration from all these pictures and posts. Hopefully it is as fun for you to read as it is for me to post. Your life needs fun. Go ahead, have some fun!